Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Summer of 2013/14

The summer I nearly missed because we were soooo busy, enjoying it!!!

Here is a photo drop of the memories we made from the first day of summer until the last day..........


Of course the first day of December started with Christmas Decorating!  Mike made me a nice little tree for out the front door but I liked it too much and requested it be our inside tree this year.  I loved it! No messy pine needles.  But I think it might be the first and last time I get away with not having a real tree.




We went to a 'red' dessert night at our Church.  To celebrate and thank all the lovely people who volunteer their time throughout the year. 

Somebody celebrated turning 38!! 




Budd Christmas celebration at Horahora Domain.





Johnston Christmas Celebration! (this is the only photo I took)


Our own Christmas morning.....




New Years eve we headed to the bush for our annual family holiday....


Which included a dress up dinner party.  Cowboys and Indians!


The best way to cook a good ol' beef stew.


And a game of glow in the dark ten pin bowling of course. (for the Budds Cup challenge)




The day after we returned from the bush we scrubbed up and attended a VERY beautiful wedding....



The girls and I popped to Whangamata for a few nights....
And walked to Clark Island for the first time.




And walked through the Karangahake Gorge tunnel (VERY brave of me!!)


We farewelled our special friend Bailey........ 

And welcomed our new pussy cat, Riley!


We headed to Parachute Music Festival to camp for the weekend for the VERY FIRST TIME!! And loved it!!!




Kaysha got her license!!


We spent a day at Mt Maunganui in the sun.......



And on the 2nd to last day of summer we celebrated this beautiful girls 12th birthday!!




We celebrated with a 'B' themed dinner party.  Dress up as something beginning with B and eat all things 'B'



And during all of that I had a little play with re-vamping some boring furniture........

An old fridge transformed!


Before
After



I love how these turned out!

And that was our summer of 2013/2014. 
 Lots of memories made!!!!






















1 comment:

  1. Awesome summer memories. Looks like you had an amazing time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colours you repainted your stools - very cool!

    ReplyDelete